Monday, October 17, 2011

Canada Collectionary

We returned from Canada a few days ago and my Collectionary - travel journal written on the road - is pretty much ready! 95% of the process takes place in the car; the passenger door in our Impala is equipped with a couple of very convenient box-like spaces, where I can keep tools and pieces of memorabilia. I was never able to finish a journal if I started working on it after we had returned, and this new method is amazing!

Almost nothing is forgotten, since it's put down in writing right away. I also stopped pack-ratting larger travel brochures, which don't necessarily relate to our trip as a whole; I cut what I need and toss. Another advantage is that I had a reason to buy a bunch of cool pens - Sharpies and others :)

Here is the cover that I put together yesterday - the background is made from a Lake Superior map, and the images came from miscellaneous travel brochures:


And here are a few spreads:






On another note - I signed up for another craftshow (beginning of November in Elmhurst), so I will be working on the little purses again!

No comments:

Post a Comment