Monday, October 24, 2011

Needed a couple of cards for today...

...one of them from the all-occasion category, so I decided to combine a painting by Van Gogh...


...with a little chipboard lantern that a girlfriend from Poland sent me last summer. I have a whole sheet of them, and I'm rejoicing, because they are fun! I didn't have the time to experiment too much, but just putting two coats of acrylic paint on it did the job.


The second card needed to be music-themed. I used a bunch of recycled materials here - I'm an incurable, genetically-predestined packrat (which has its pluses and minuses), and sometimes my craft room discoveries surprise even myself. This card includes the following:
- background from cardstock donated by a friend who was destashing;
- music from a Second Chance Store;
- chipboard intercepted in our mail center while on the way to the recycling bin;
- coffee cup wrapper;
- paper towel used at school to clean paintbrushes, gifted by a ten-year old ("Here, I'm sure you can use it somehow", he said, pulling a crinkly ball of paper out of his coat pocket. Yes, I can.)


No comments:

Post a Comment