Friday, May 4, 2012

card finished

Finally! After working on the pieces on and off for three days, here is the outcome:



Meanwhile, I'm testing a brand-new technique - making my own stamps out of craft foam. I started with the shape that will hopefully work for bunting; I have itsy-bitsy stamps given to me at work by some anonymous donor (no one 'fessed up!) that should fit inside these triangles.


I have scraps of foam core somewhere but I was unable to locate them, so I used a matchbox instead. It works as a temporary solution, but is not sturdy enough and hence the impressions of box corners; it doesn't pose a problem since I'm planning to cut out each flag anyway. We'll see how it goes!

The craftroom looks better than before with the addition of a new shelving unit from Ikea, but I still have a bunch of stuff to go through and (oh, the scary thought) toss a few things. We can definitely see the light at the end of this tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment