Thursday, May 3, 2012

the slowest card ever

For the last few days I've been working on ONE card - normally I move much faster, but somehow this week hasn't been very motivating in the paper craft department.

So - we have the lattice, which I put together from skinny strips cut using my trusty trimmer. The lattice has been gessoed and painted.


The second component is the flower pot; I cut it out from chipboard, and then treated with several layers of magic potions: gesso, acrylic paint (royal gold, yum, tempted into purchasing it by a very attractive price at Walmart), green metallic paste, two crackle components, copper paste to fill in the cracks. I feel so successful - the previous crackle experiments ended up totally flat, no texture whatsoever.


The next step will be adding leaves and flowers similar to this mockup:


...and maybe I'll finally be able to mail this card!

Meanwhile, I also managed to clean up the craft table, and there is a good chance of order coming into the craftroom as well, since my DH is purchasing an IVAR shelf for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment