Monday, June 11, 2012

texture experiments

This morning I got up early, while it wasn't terribly hot and humid yet, and, having put on the stove  some potatoes for the dinner casserole, I cut four rectangles of heavy watercolor paper to conduct some textural experiments.

First, I glued on the 3-d elements: cheesecloth, paper doily, scrunched tissue paper and cardstock squares. Then I went to town with acrylics, glimmer mists, glitter, eye shadows, fran-tage... and here is the messy result! I must say it's fun to look at, and fun to touch as well.


Here are some close-ups, which  hopefully will convey some of this tangible fun - first a fran-taged spot:


Tissue paper bumps with glitter:


Cheesecloth with cardboard squares:


And all this playing was inspired by this book brought from the library:


No comments:

Post a Comment