Saturday, July 14, 2012

toothpaste paste

Last Sunday I mixed some common ingredients to create a paste - the recipe came from here, but I modified it slightly; I thought using tablespoon quantities would give me too much "dough", so I reduced everything proportionately to teaspoons. And it worked! One thing to remember is to add water in really small portions, literally a few drops at a time; I put in half a teaspoon and all the ingredients just got stuck on my fingers, with nothing left on the plate.

The result is extremely pleasant to the touch, almost velvety-smooth. It's also rather light, so it should be easy to attach the pieces to paper or cardstock, without making the card  etc. awkwardly heavy.

I didn't add any food coloring, assuming that all the pieces would be painted. So - without further ado - here is the story!


And some close-ups... acrylic paint, Perfect Pearls.


Acrylic paints (pink and purple), Perfect Pearls, silver glitter sunk in Glossy Accents.


Turquoise enamel, sanded, a layer of turquoise Mod-Podge with glitter.


And, finally, a little bit of baroque again - pearly white and royal gold:


In other news - I'm cutting out dozens of pieces for a Sunday school about Elijah; also rejoicing in the fact that this project requires a trip to the craft store :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment