Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christmas photo-cards

Three wintry photo-cards were born this morning, and as soon as the glue dried, they went to the balcony for some morning light + easel experiments.

This first picture was taken by my husband in the nearby Starved Rock State Park - plenty of inspiration there in their canyons, streams and forests!


The second one is from my kitchen window - I have a little picture there painted on glass and one winter subtle frost appeared around the contours:


The third one was taken in my town in Poland a couple years ago:


The photos are printed on thick glossy stock (I think I used Kinko's services - the whole printed page has been sitting in my stash for a while) and then I sandpapered the edges for a more interesting, sort-of-antique look:


Tonight's session in the craft room must start with some cleaning and organizing. There will still be piles, of course, but I'm beginning to have problems finding stuff, so I need to apply some method to this madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment