Friday, September 30, 2011

an unexpected present

When I came to work yesterday, there was a big Panera bag on my desk, which housed a sizeable vintage fruit cake tin... don't you just love this image?


Inside there was something even better than fruit cake (especially if it were to be the original one :D) - namely, several pounds of old buttons.


Yay! Last night I touched every single one of them, threw out a few that were old the unpleasant way, and the vast remaining bunch will be washed and dried soon. So much fun!

I also have a little bag of buttons from Poland which my Mom gave to me, but I'm too attached to them to use the them for anything and potentially part with these beauties. I start thinking, "Oh, this was my dress, and that was my Mom's apron" - and I'm done, can't even think of anything beyond just touching them and bringing back memories.

And then there is the button jar which i got from the Kids last Christmas... these I can use, no problem. There is just so much joy in those little colorful pieces of plastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment